top of page

Employment Based Immigration

  • EB: Employment Based Visa Petitions (1-5) – There are several types of EB visas granted to people with extraordinary or outstanding skills in their profession, religious workers and those who make a substantial investment ($500,000 or more) in a business that also creates employment for at least 10 workers

  • E Visas: Treaty Trader and Investors – This visa is for an employee (or the trader or investor himself) of a company with a majority ownership by citizens of a country which the U.S. has a trade or investment treaty.

  • H Visas: Temporary Workers – This is a temporary visa granted to individuals who have specialty occupations or are seasonal workers.

  • L Visas: Intra-Company Transferees – This is a temporary visa granted to employees of a company in a foreign country who desire to     work at a U.S. subsidiary. 

  • Labor Certifications -. A concept of United States immigration services where an employers must participate with the U.S. Department of Labor to certify that there is an unavailability of qualified American workers to place in job vacancies for which the employers plans to sponsor a foreign national on the basis of legal and permanent residence.

  • O Visas: Individuals with Extraordinary Ability – The extraordinary ability must be in one of the qualifying areas: “sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or extraordinary achievements in the motion picture and television field.”

  • P Visas: Performing Entertainers and Athletes – There are some qualifications as to the expertise of applicant entertainers and athletes and the types of work they will be doing in the U.S.

  • R Visas: Religious Workers – This allows a religious worker to enter the U.S. on a temporary basis for a specific purpose.

  • TN Visas: NAFTA – This allows qualified professional Canadian or Mexican workers to temporarily work in the U.S.

bottom of page